Monday, August 17, 2009

It's good to be home

Just a post, no pics today.

We stayed in Toronto for 12 days. I had a great time but was really glad to get home. There was one more purchase yet to be photographed. I found a cardigan pattern on Ravelry that I want to try and picked up 10 hanks of a brown Cascade 200. I'm hoping it will replace the ratty sweater on the back of my chair at work :-)

I didn't have any sewing time after all before I went back to work today. After arriving home on Thursday, we played tourist in Montreal on Friday and had another 6-7 hours in the car on Saturday.

Friday, DH & I took the metro (subway) to the east side of Mont Royal (pretty much the whole middle of Montreal is taken up by 'the Mountain') and walked all afternoon. I had been on different parts of the mountain before but never this particular bit. We had a great afternoon, no plans, no time frame, it was pretty hot though, it hit 30°, I think. Actually, I believe we've hit 30 every day since Thursday.

Saturday, we had to drive halfway back to Toronto ! We'd picked up two pieces of furniture while we were there - an armoire and a china cabinet. One came home in the van with us. The other piece stayed in Toronto and our friends drove it halfway to Montreal on Sat morning. We met them, transferred the cabinet to our van, had a great breakfast (truck stops have the best breakfast) and were back home by mid-afternoon by way of the scenic route.

Yesterday, the sore throat and the cough started and the energy flagged. I'm hoping it doesn't develop, but I don't know. It's not looking good. I pretty much flaked out today after work. I really hate being sick - yuck !!!

Oh, I had the foot of the 'dead simple lace socks' done before we left Toronto, the heels were done by the time we got home and I'm now about 1-1/2" up the leg.

Not so interesting without pics, will try to take some soon.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that you can't beat a truck stop breakfast. They just don't mess up eggs. Everything else could be a crap shoot, but the eggs are always good. Lucky you, finding new furniture. I wanted a grandfather clock that was in the paper, then my practical hubby asked me where I was going to put it. Dammit! Why does he have to be practical?!

    Hope you're feeling better soon. Try ice cream. I'm quite certain 9 out of 10 doctors would agree.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !