Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm on a roll...

Thanks for the opinions everyone...I was leaning towards 08-2008-109 myself, but Shannon made a good point about the other one being able to be worn under the blouse. I almost changed my mind, except, I very rarely double up my tops like that and I didn't think I'd want a layer of lycra knit under a 100% poly blouse. That would probably be a bit warm even for me :-)

I didn't get back to my sewing room til this afternoon and I started tracing out my proposed patterns. I kind of thought I would trace them all at once well, first anyway as it would probably take me all week to trace five patterns.

First one traced ??? 109 :-) and then it got the better of me and I wanted to sew it right up ! LOL...And I did.

As I stop tonight, the side seams are sewn, and all the other seams are basted. I wanted to be sure it fit before it went through the serger. It does, and on the first try too. All I did was a 1/2" forward shoulder adjustment - the rest is a straight 42.

Those underarm facing pieces are going to be tricky, but I'm going to give them a try. Don't expect this to be finished tomorrow, but soon.

3 comments:

  1. You had a productive day. And, you have a great plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection. Can't wait to see it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice when you have inspiration, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !